ÖTILLÖ SWIMRUN UTÖ – JUNE 19&20
The 2021 ÖTILLÖ Swimrun season starts this weekend on the island of Utö in the Stockholm archipelago. A very appropriate location as this is where the sport was born back in the early 2000s.
There are still some restrictions in Sweden so the races will be following a Covid-19 protocol which limits the size of the race fields and requires social distancing. Most importantly, there will be serious racing again.
On June 19 & 20 the island of Utö will show why the sport of Swimrun was conceived here. Fantastic trail running combined with many swims in a warmish Baltic will portray Swimrun at its best. For some it is for the adventure, for some it is for the experience, for some it is to race hard and for some it is to qualify to ÖTILLÖ, The Swimrun World Championship 2021.
ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö is the most prestigious race in Sweden with some of the best racers in the world who will be racing in the World Series race on Sunday.
The weekend of races are divided into races with a maximum of 150 persons. All in all we have a little over 450 persons racing over two days and three distances.
For more information: www.otilloswimrun.com
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FOR MEDIA
Here are some images and videos from ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö 2019: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/glxdsldd5xbs2ur/AACcSLzR_Dkz4dW5cJ_o-ikra?dl=0
Here is a pre-race video for the weekend: https://www.dropbox.com/s/le0gnombfa7o2ph/Pre%20race%20teaser%20%C3%96TILL%C3%96%20UT%C3%96%202021.mp4?dl=0
On June 20th at 18:30 we will provide images with free usage rights for media here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lbbcgt5xu9888jx/AADmsD_N5AwGRJEtRPXpysoKa?dl=0
On June 20th at 18:30 we will provide NEWS CUTS FOR TV with free usage rights for media here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7gzs5fhsn7t55z/AAA3T0bNrcpDdxcRrtausTQza?dl=0
On June 28th we will provide the OFFICIAL VIDEO from ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö 2021 here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7sivf4asgfl56jz/AADu8gGJNPYdj2G9g5Vmzl9Za?dl=0
Please credit the photographer: Name (as in the image link) / ÖTILLÖ
SWIMRUN AND ÖTILLÖ
ÖTILLÖ SWIMRUN WORLD SERIES
The ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series consists of nine qualifier races for ÖTILLÖ, The Swimrun World Championship. The Sunday race at ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö is a qualifier to ÖTILLÖ, The Swimrun World Championship 2021 on September 6th.
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Utö, Sweden, 20 June 2021
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Engadin, Switzerland, 11 July 2021
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Gothenburg, Sweden, 7 August 2021 NEW RACE!
- ÖTILLÖ World Series 1000 Lakes, Germany, 26 Sept 2021 (qualifier ÖTILLÖ WC 2022)
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Cannes, France, 17 October 2021 (qualifier to ÖTILLÖ WC 2022)
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Malta, 7 November 2021 (qualifier to ÖTILLÖ WC 2022)
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Catalina, USA, 21 November 2021 (qualifier to ÖTILLÖ WC 2022)
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Hvar, Croatia (cancelled 2021 due to pandemic)
- ÖTILLÖ World Series Isles of Scilly, UK (cancelled 2021 due to pandemic)
ÖTILLÖ, THE SWIMRUN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- 15th edition on the 6th of September 2021.
- 75 km on and between 25 islands in the Stockholm archipelago.
- 160 teams of two.
- Renowned as one of the toughest one-day races in the world (CNN 2012).