On October 20/21 the 2018 ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series has its final stop for the season in the beautiful city of Cannes in the South of France.
ÖTILLÖ Cannes is not only the finals of the the World Series but it is also the first edition of this event.
ÖTILLÖ prides itself in having unique races in unique places, Cannes really fits into this mold. It will be the first time that ÖTILLÖ combines nature and an urban environment. The nature part of this course will be magnificent with the start and beginning of the race being on and around both the Lerins Islands. With a long swim back to the mainland the racers then come back to an urban environment with the world famous Croisette, two big hills in the form of La Croix de Garde and La Californie, the beautiful Suquet and the old town before finishing in the Square Verdun.
This is the only race weekend of the season where points from both the Sprint and the World Series will count towards the final standings. This will be particularly interesting in the Womens category as the field is completely open.
The World Series finals will have more than 500 racers from more than 20 nations around the world. The World Series leaders and the World Champions will be chasing each other to the end for the prestigeous win.
Fast facts ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Cannes 2018
- Cannes, France
- Total race distance World Series: 36,8 km
- Trail running: 28,4 km
- Swimming: 8,4 km
- Swim sections: 9
- Longest swim: 2 100 m
- Longest run: 8 305 m
- Teams of two; for safety reasons and for the unique experience
About ÖTILLÖ and swimrun
Swimrun is one of the fastest growing endurance sports in the world where you alternate trail running and open-water swimming on a marked course. ÖTILLÖ is the leading brand and the origin of the sport.
The ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship (ÖTILLÖ meaning island to island in Swedish) is the original swimrun race, renowned as one of the toughest one-day races in the world.
ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World series 2018
ÖTILLÖ Cannes is part of the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series and a qualifier to the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship in the Swedish archipelago. Eight teams qualify from each World Series event.
Six qualifying races to ÖTILLÖ:
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Hvar, Croatia, 8 April -18
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö, Sweden, 20 May -18
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Isles of Scilly, UK, 10 June -18
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Engadin, Switzerland, 8 July -18
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes, Germany, 30 Sept -18 (qualifier to ÖTILLÖ 2019)
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Cannes; France – 21 October – 18, First edition!
At each World Series event a sprint and experince race is organised the previous day.
ÖTILLÖ, THE SWIMRUN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- 14th edition on 2 September 2019
- 75 km over and between 25 islands in the Stockholm Archipelago
- Renowned as one of the toughest one-day races in the world
ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series
+41 79 818 98 28
ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship
+33 6 79 04 23 46