ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö 2017 – Race report
ÖTILLÖ Utö 2017 – the biggest ÖTILLÖ Swimrun weekend in our short lifetime. A total of 600 racers started in both Saturdays sprint and Sundays World Series race. We had a total of 368 teams registered!
Utö, in the Stockholm archipelago showed its best side, preparing for Midsummer by offering sweltering heat and cold baths 🙂
All in all a spectacular weekend with all racers pulling out the stops with stellar performances and great attitude. Thank you for all the love that you give and for all the love you deserve.
ÖTILLÖ Sprint Utö 2017 delivered in every way, shape and form. 88 registered teams of which 74 came to start in beautiful, almost tropical conditions. Before the race many feared cold water, after they all cherished the swims. Congratulations to all teams for the fun-loving attitude. Well done all podiums with a big shout out to Klas Wirehn & Henrik Wahlberg for the overall win and also to Diane Sadik & Tim Lange for taking second place overall! What a great start to an awesome weekend.
The ÖTILLÖ Utö World Series race on Sunday followed suit. Great weather, a fierce battle at the front and lots of smiles throughout the field.
A huge Congratulation to all teams, to all the Podiums and to the 3 Winners. You inspire!
Results ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö
- Pontus Lindberg & George Bjälkemo (SWE), Team Garmin, 4:11:22
- Jonas Ekman & Lars Ekman (SWE), Bröderna Bäver, 4:14:50
- Daniel Hansson & Fredrik Axegård (SWE), Swedish Armed Forces, 4:18:17
- Jasmina Glad Schreven (FIN) & Thomas Schreven (NED), Say no to doping!, 4:31:56
- Marika Wagner & Jonas Andersson (SWE), Apollo Sports/Head Swimming, 4:50:17
- Michelle Nyström & Erik Fridolf (SWE), Team Garmin, 4:54:12
- Kristin Larsson & Eva Nyström (SWE), Team Campz.com, 5:06:45
- Natalie Rec & Jessica Fridlund (SWE), Ironladies, 5:14:13
- Matilda Bertlin & Helen Maalinn (SWE), Wolff Wear Swimrun, 5:17:08
Results ÖTILLÖ Sprint Utö
- Henrik Wahlberg and Klas Wiréhn (SWE), Team Löplabbet, 1:24:03
- Ola Hallbrandt and Victor Dahl (SWE), Blåbären, 1:33:25
- Henrik Juhlin and Emil Strömberg (SWE), Plask Plask, 1:34:41
- Diane Sadik (SUI) and Tim Lange (GER), Team Swimrunshop.com, 1:27:40
- Marius Dybwad Brandrud and Åsa Norman (SWE), Måsarna, 1:37:33
- Lisa Larsson and Rikard Bertilsson (SWE), Crawlkurser.com, 1:40:45
- Sara Olsson and Emelie Danielsson (SWE), Team crawlkurser.com, 1:43:55
- Tova Gambe (SWE) and Karin Gambe (GBR), Team Gambe, 1:47:16
- Maja Tesch and Lisen Tesch (SWE), Maja och mamma 1:52:10
Utö has shown us why it is both the Island of Love and also the Home of Swimrun! Thank you!
Thank you all racers, all staff, all volunteers, all safety boats and our sponsors who make it possible.
See you in less than three weeks time for ÖTILLÖ Isles of Scilly!
Michael & Mats