Racer information 2019
Here you will find everything you need to know as a racer at ÖTILLÖ Final 15K. Please read this throughly as the information is important for your experience before and during the race.
Good luck and have fun!
+46 (0) 73 525 97 01
+46 (0) 73 525 97 02
|Thursday, August 29th, 2019|
|23:59||Last day to enter and make changes for ÖTILLÖ Sprint Final 15K race.|
|Saturday, August 31st, 2019|
|09:30||The regular ferry leaves from Årsta Brygga to Utö (Gruvbryggan)|
|09:45-10:45||Race registration in the Harbour at Utö Gruvbryggan. If you arrive with the ferry, go straight to the registration by the cafe on the right.|
|10:10||Ferry arrival Utö|
|10:45||Departure chartered ferry from Utö to Ornö. Race briefing on ferry|
|12:00||Start Final 15K Team and Solo, Ornö|
|15:00||Prize giving, Utö race tent|
|16:45||Regular ferry back to Årsta Brygga|
The island of Utö is in the Stockholm Archipelago South East of Stockholm. We suggest you fly to Stockholm.
From Stockholm Arlanda Airport you can take the Arlanda Express train to Stockholm City Centre.
From the Stockholm Central Station you can take a subway, bus and ferry to Utö. Use the travel planner in this link and put in Stockholm C as your departing station and Utö Gruvbryggan as your arrival station.
If you arrive by car there is a big parking lot at Årsta Brygga where the ferry to Utö, Gruvbryggan leaves from. Use the travel planner above to check the ferry times from Årsta Brygga.
The latest return ferry is at 16:45 from Utö. It leaves so that it matches the public bus on the other end that takes you to the train station.
Book your accommodation with Utö Värdshus, they have all types of living solutions for you.
There is also a camping area less than 1 km from the finish area.
The registration will be in the harbour at Gruvbryggan Utö between 09:45-10:45.
All racers have to come to the registration.
You must bring and display the following to receive your start pack:
• Your photo ID
• 1 Whistle per person
• 1 Wetsuit per person, suitable for the race conditions, (no Trisuits allowed)
• 1 Compass or watch compass
• 1 First aid pressure bandage
• Fins if applicable for approval according to the rules.
At the registration you also need to sign that you have a valid insurance for the race.
Included in the start pack
• Timing chip to be returned, 1 per person
• Race bib to be returned, 1 per person
• Swim cap, 1 per person
• Race map
• ÖTILLÖ Give away, 1 per person
SPECIAL GEAR FOR SOLO
• Safety buoy to be returned
We care for the environment and encourage you to reuse your Swim cap from our previous events. If you do not need the new one that you receive in the start package, please give it back at the registration.
Mandatory gear per team is:
- 1 pressure bandage in a water-proof package
- 2 neoprene wet suits
- 1 compass or watch compass
- 2 easy- accessible whistles (so you can blow the whistle when on the swims)
- 2 Foldable cups/soft flasks or similar (not your swim cap) to drink from at the energy stations
- Race bibs to be worn on the outside at all times
- Swim caps that must be worn visible during all the swims
- 1 Map
- Timing chip
Mandatory gear in the Solo classes is:
- 1 pressure bandage in a water-proof package
- 1 neoprene wet suit
- 1 compass or watch compass
- 1 easy- accessible whistle (so you can blow the whistle when on the swims)
- 1 Foldable cup/soft flask or similar (not your swim cap) to drink from at the energy stations
- Race bib to be worn on the outside at all times
- Swim cap that must be worn visible during all the swims
- Timing chip
- Safety buoy
Before start and at the finish line we will randomly select teams/racers for a check of the mandatory equipment. If the teams are missing any of the equipment required, they will not be allowed to start or disqualified from the race.
”Try before you buy”.
Now you have the possibility to rent the Worlds fastest swimrun suits at all ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series events. Book your suit online and pick it up on site at the ARK box. Limited amount of suits per event. If you want you have the option to buy your suit afterwards at a discounted price.
Book your wetsuit here.
- ÖTILLÖ Hvar — April 6–7, 2019. Last day for booking April 1
- ÖTILLÖ Utö — May 18–19, 2019. Last day for booking May 13
- ÖTILLÖ Isles of Scilly — June 8–9, 2019. Last day for booking June 3
- ÖTILLÖ Engadin — July 6–7, 2019. Last day for booking July 1
- ÖTILLÖ Final 15K — August 31, 2019. Last day for booking August 26
- ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes — September 21–22, 2019. Last day for booking September 16
- ÖTILLÖ Cannes — October 19–20, 2019. Last day for booking October 14
Race bib and timing chip
The system we use is a chip that you attach around your right ankle with a Velcro strap and when you pass the timing checkpoint your time will be registered. We will have up to 10 checkpoints along the course and will be reporting your times live on the website. We can only guarantee that you will be registered if you carry the chip around your right ankle. It is important that you return your chip after the race. Non-returned chip will be charged 100 €.
- Your race bib must be worn visible at all times
- Your swim cap must be worn on all swims
- Your timing chip must be worn on your right ankle at all times
The race briefing will be held on the ferry on the way to the start.
Logistics to get to start
We will transport you to the Start in Lättinge Harbour, Ornö. Make sure you are on the ferry in time for departure.
- You have to be in the start box 10 minutes before the start
- Toilets are best used on-board
- You can leave your bags for the Sprint on-board. We will transport them to the Finish area at Utö Värdshus
The ÖTILLÖ Final 15K does not have any cut-offs.
We will have energy and liquid stations along the course as marked in the course map.
- Please eat and drink what is offered, do not take more as there are others behind you.
- Please re-use your cup instead of taking multiple cups.
- From energy station 2 in the Sprint and energy station 3 in the World Series you will have to use your own collapsible cup, soft flask or another solution you prefer.
- We will have water and electrolytes by Precision Hydration at all stations.
- In all our races you will find energy bars from Crownhealth.
- Besides this we will have fruit and normal food.
- If you need gels, bring your own and carry in your wetsuit. Make sure you don’t drop the wrappers on the ground, you can leave it in the garbage cans at the energy stations.
Cups at ÖTILLÖ races
In our quest to leave as small of an environmental footprint as possible we have decided to take away the majority of disposable cups during our races. This means that we will ONLY have disposable, paper cups at the first two (2) energy stations at the World Series race and first energy station at the Sprint & Experience races.
After that we expect you to have your own foldable cup or soft flask to be able to drink. If you don’t have your own foldable cup you will be able to buy one at the race registration.
If the race organisation feels that there is a danger for the racers or the organisation based on weather or other conditions the course can be changed the day before or even in the middle of the race.
Safety is our priority.
- Take care of each other; it is a long and tough course.
- We have safety boats and are trying to do our best to cover the course.
- All teams have to help another team in an emergency.
- We have 2 medics and 1 doctor on the course.
- Communicate with race officials when help needed.
- If you abandon the race you must communicate with race officials as soon as possible and return the timing chip at ”RED HUT” marked timing chip at the top of the hill before the event area.
We will NOT accept ANY trash along the course. If you throw any trash outside of the provided bins at the energy stations we will disqualify you straight away. Make sure you know how to carry any trash between the different energy stations.
Basic rules, make sure you understand as we will enforce them.
- You must have read and understood the rules before you start
- You race at your own risk
- The team has to stay together at all times. 10 metres apart is the maximum distance allowed.
- The teams have to follow the marked route
- It is not allowed to have assistance from other people than the race organisation. Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- It is not allowed to throw trash along the course (The only places are in the garbage bins at energy stations). Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- The gear that you have from the start has to be brought to the finish
- FINS – if you plan to use fins make sure that they comply to the new FIN RULE – which means they CANNOT be longer than 15 cm beyond your foot.
DO NOTS AT UTÖ:
- Do not swim across the harbour at any time, it can be very dangerous.
- Do not swim across the entrance to the harbour by the red/ green markers, boats go through here and it can be very dangerous.
You must have a valid personal insurance for racing in Swimrun. If you do not have one you can purchase it for the race or for the 2019 season, valid in all the races listed. It is an insurance that will repay your entry fee and travel costs if you have to withdraw prior to the race due to an accident or illness (you have to have a doctor’s certificate).
Read more and buy your insurance here.
During each race we make a media production for social media and traditional media. You will see photographers, reporters and film teams.
If you have any personal media contacts that would like to have material from us please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will cover ÖTILLÖ Sprint Final15K LIVE on otilloswimrun.com/live please spread the information to all your friends and family.
Our images that we post from the race are free to use for you as racers but not allowed for commercial use to promote other products or events. Please use them.
In the end of August we usually find late Swedish summer weather. But, it can be the start of autumn. Make sure you bring clothes to stay warm. It can be anything between 5 – 20 degrees C.
Water temperatures will be between 16- 18 degrees C depending on where along the course. Make sure you dress with a good wool layer underneath your wetsuit and use a Neoprene cap if you are not used to cold water.
Like everywhere we can have wind, rain and un-seasonably cold. Make sure you bring clothes to handle this.
Salt water. The water in the Baltic has very low salinity. Some teams will even race without swim goggles.
Spectators, friend and families
We welcome all spectators, friends and families to participate in our events.
The course is very easy to follow by bicycle when the teams arrive on Utö North. These are available for rent in the harbour. Make sure to ride safely as you are on open roads, even though they have little traffic.
There is a restaurant right next to the event area. If you want to buy food there is plenty there.
As you might know we have some ÖTILLÖ branded goods. These can be found on our website
Our partners will be in the event area at the finish line with products on-site.