Here you´ll find everything you need to know as a racer at ÖTILLÖ Final 15K. Please read this throughly as the information is important for your experience before and during the race.
Good luck and have fun!
Mats Skott +46 (0) 73 525 97 01
Michael Lemmel +46 (0) 73 525 97 02
|August 29th 2017|
|23:59||Last day to make team changes (individual names and team names) These changes must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight.|
|Saturday, September 2nd 2017|
|09:30||Take regular ferry to Utö (gruvbryggan) from Årsta Brygga|
|10:00||Race registration opens in the Harbour of Utö Gruvbryggan. If you arrive with the ferry go straight to the registration by the cafe on the right (ÖTILLÖ Tent)|
|10:10||Ferry arrival Utö|
|11:00||Departure chartered ferry from Utö to Ornö. Race briefing on ferry|
|12:00||Start on Ornö|
|17:00||Regular ferry back to Årsta Brygga|
Note: The regular ferry is not included in your entry fee (150 SEK round-trip). As some people are staying on Utö we can not go directly from Årsta to Ornö.
The island of Utö is in the Stockholm Archipelago South East of Stockholm.
We suggest you fly to Stockholm. From Stockholm Arlanda Airport you can take the Arlanda Express train to Stockholm City Centre.
From the Stockholm Central Station you can take a subway, bus and ferry to Utö. Use this travel planner and put in Stockholm C as your departing station and Utö Gruvbryggan as your arrival station.
In the same link you can also check the ferry times if you arrive by car. If so from Årsta Brygga to Utö Gruvbryggan
The ferries for Utö, Gruvbryggan leave from Årsta Brygga. There is a large parking lot at Årsta Brygga.
The latest you can leave from Årsta Brygga is with the regular ferry at 09:30 on September 2nd, Make sure you get off at Gruvbryggan. If you plan to take this it fits with a subway train and bus that leaves from Stockholm C. Make sure you check well in advance how to do this with the above link as well.
The regular ferry leaves Utö at 15:45 and 16:45. Do not miss it unless you want to stay the night. Cost for the ferry is not included in your race fee.
Utö Värdshus has a great dinner and breakfast for those who want before the race, If you want to book a room then email: email@example.com
This is not included in your race fee.
There is a camping area less than 1 km from the start.
Both team members must come to the registration
You must bring:
- A photo ID
- Proof of insurance
- A signed and filled out copy of this health declaration
- Fins if applicable for approval according to the rules
As we take safety seriously we have spent a year developing the first ever Swimrun insurance and we we are extremely proud! It is now available and with World-wide coverage.
You must have a valid Swimrun insurance for the race and for all our races.
If you do not have one you can purchase it here for one race or for the whole season, valid in all the races listed. It is a travel and accident insurance and it will also repay your entry fee if you have to withdraw prior to the race (if you have a doctors certificate).
The race briefing will be held on the ferry to the start.
Be on time, the ferry will leave at the set time.
Included in the start pack
- Swim cap x 2
- Race map
- Timing chip to be returned
- Race bib to be returned x 2
Race bib and timing chip
The system we use is a chip that you attach around your right ankle with a Velcro strap and when you pass the timing checkpoint your time will be registered. We will have 10 checkpoints along the course and will be reporting your times live on the website.
We can only guarantee that you will be registered if you carry the chip around your right. It is important that you return your chip after the race. Non-returned chip will be charged 100 €.
- Your race bib must be worn visible at all times
- Your swim cap must be worn on all swims
- Your timing chip must be worn on your right ankle at all times
Mandatory gear per team is:
- 1 pressure bandage (https://m.campz.de/swimmrunners-waterproof-first-aid-637234.html / https://m.addnature.com/swimmrunners-waterproof-first-aid-636808.html)
- 2 wet suits
- 1 compass or watch compass
- 2 easy-accessible whistles
- Race bibs to be worn on the outside at all times
- Swim cap must be worn visible during all the swims
- Timing chip
Logistic to get to start
We will transport you to the Start. Make sure you are on the ferry.
- You have to be in the start box 10 minutes before the start
- Toilets are best used on-board
- You can leave your bags for the sprint on-board. We will then transport them to the finish area
Lättinge Harbour, Ornö
The ÖTILLÖ Final15K course is slightly modified. We have changed start location to take away all the asphalt running and to get a better balance between running and swimming. Make sure you have checked out the new course and also the updated times and distances document.
The ÖTILLÖ Final15K does not have any cut-offs
We will have energy and liquid stations along the course as marked in the course map.
- Please eat and drink what is offered, do not take more as there are others behind you
- Please re-use your cup instead of taking multiple cups
- We do not have Gels and bars. Only real food. If you need gels then you need to bring your own.
We will have water and electrolytes by Precision Hydration at all stations
Basic rules, make sure you understand as we will enforce them.
- You must have read and understood the rules before you start
- You race at your own risk
- The team has to stay together at all times. 10 metres apart is the maximum distance allowed.
- The teams have to follow the marked route.
- It is not allowed to have assistance from other people than the race organisation. Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- It is not allowed to throw trash along the course (The only places are at energy stations). Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- The gear that you have from the start has to be brought to the finish
- FINS – if you plan to use fins make sure that they comply to the new FIN RULE – which means they CANNOT be longer than 15 cm beyond your foot.
Do nots at Utö
- Do not swim across the harbour at any time, it can be very dangerous.
- Do not swim across the entrance to the harbour by the red/green markers, boats go through here and it can be very dangerous.
- Take care of each other; it is a long and tough course.
- We have safety boats and are trying to do our best to cover the course.
- All teams have to help another team in an emergency.
- We have 2 medics and 1 doctor on the course.
- Communicate with race officials when help needed.
- If you abandon the race you must communicate with race officials as soon as possible and return the timing chip at ”RED HUT” marked timing chip at the top of the hill before the event area.
- You cannot wear a tow rope for the first run
- We suggest that you do NOT use a tow rope when running on the rocks
If the race organisation feels that there is a danger for the racers or the organisation based on weather or other conditions the course can be changed the day before or even in the middle of the race.
Safety is our priority.
We will NOT accept ANY trash along the course. If you throw any trash outside of the provided bins at the energy stations we will disqualify you straight away. Make sure you know how to carry any trash between the different energy stations.
In the end of August we usually find late Swedish summer weather. But, it can be the start of autumn. Make sure you bring clothes to stay warm. It can be anything between 5 – 20 degrees C.
Water temperatures will be between 14-16 degrees C depending on where along the course. Make sure you dress with a good wool layer underneath your wetsuit and use a Neoprene cap if you are not used to cold water.
Like everywhere we can have wind, rain and un-seasonably cold. Make sure you bring clothes to handle this.
Salt water. The water in the Baltic has very low salinity. Some teams will even race without swim goggles.
During each race we make a big media production for social media and traditional media. You will see photographers, reporters and film teams.
If you have any personal media contacts that would like to have material from us please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
During the race we will cover it LIVE on otilloswimrun.com/live please spread the information to all your friends and family.
We will also use #otillofinal15k to tag our posts, please do so too.
Our images that we post from the race are free to use for you as racers but not allowed for commercial use to promote other products or events.
Spectators, friend and families
We welcome all spectators, friends and families to participate in our events.
The course is very easy to follow by bicycle when the teams arrive on Utö North. These are available for rent in the harbour. Make sure to ride safely as you are on open roads, eventhough they have little traffic.
There is a restaurant right next to the event area. If you want to buy food there is plenty there.
NOTE: you may not assist any teams unless if it is a medical emergency. Any other assistance will result in disqualification of the team.
All teams that finish an ÖTILLÖ Sprint race will receive Sprint ranking points. Check out the races, finish and get points. www.swimrunranking.com
For ÖTILLÖ 2018 only teams with ranking points will be able to participate in the random team selection.
As you might know we have some ÖTILLÖ branded goods. These can be found on our website otilloswimrun.com/shop
Both Addnature/Campz and Vivobarefoot will be in the event area at the finish line with products on-site.