Isles of Scilly – A dream come true
We spent more than 18 months chasing our dream location in the UK, we wanted to find something unique. By chance we happened upon the Isles of Scilly. It is truely a unique place where it is difficult to not get emationally affected.
The Isles of Scilly are off the south-west tip of England, in the Atlantic. They have been inhabited since the Stone Age and is a mythical place. All in all 140 islands of which five are inhabited. At times, when low tide is low, you can walk between islands. Exceptional beauty and a pristine environment where the power of the Ocean is never far away! The trail- running is magical with some of the most beautiful runs we have ever done.
We work very closely with the Wildlife Trust to make sure the running sections have a minimum of impact on the nesting birds and wildlife.
In June the flowers are in full bloom which is apparent when passing through the beautiful Tresco Gardens and the sea is usually calmer but still with huge tidal changes of more than 5 metres.
You need to book your accommodation at the same time as you enter the race. We recommend you to come at the latest Friday and leave earliest on Monday to have time to enjoy the fantastic beauty of the Isles of Scilly.
To check transport options visit www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk.
Travel to and from the Isles of Scilly
Together with Islands’ Partnership we have arranged a travel package to and from the Isles of Scilly from London Heathrow for the 2018 ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Isles of Scilly.
Book it by email or phone before the 28th of May.
Phone: +44 (0) 1720 620601
The travel ticket options available via this service include
- Friday 8th June 2018 – Transport from London Heathrow to Penzance Quay via coach and onward crossing on Scillonian III boat to St. Mary’s, Isles of Scilly. SINGLE JOURNEY
- Monday 11th June 2018 – Transport from St. Mary’s, Isles of Scilly via Scillonian III boat to Penzance Quay and onward journey to London Heathrow via coach. SINGLE JOURNEY
- 1 and 2 combined as a RETURN JOURNEY
Friday 8th June 2018
- Depart from: London Heathrow Airport (Specific location/terminal will be confirmed prior to the date) on Williams Travel coach to Penzance at 8:30 am BST
- Arrival at: Penzance Quay at approx. 15:30 pm BST
- Depart from: Penzance Quay on Scillonian III boat at 16:00 pm BST
- Arrival at: St. Mary’s, Isles of Scilly at approx. 18:45 pm BST
Monday 11th June 2018
- Depart from: St. Mary’s Quay, Isles of Scilly on Scillonian III boat at 09:00 am BST
- Arrival at: Penzance Quay at approx. 11:45 am BST
- Depart from: Penzance Quay on Williams Travel coach to London Heathrow at 12:00 pm BST (midday)
- Arrival at: London Heathrow Airport (Specific location/terminal will be confirmed prior to the date) at approx. 19:00 pm BST
Hotels on the Isles of Scilly
You are not the only one looking for accommodation on the Isles of Scilly so we strongly advise you to book as soon as possible before the different options run out. Here we have put together a list of options for your stay at the Isles of Scilly.
ÖTILLÖ accommodation at Karma hotel on the island of St Martin’s
Karma hotel has a special deal for all athletes coming to the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun weekend. Weekend package including breakfast arriving Friday 8th of June and leaving Monday 11th of June in a twin room for 600£ Total (300£ per person). Karma will also sort out transfers to and from all the race functions on St Marys for a very reasonable price
If you would like to book this offer quote OtilloKSM18
Phone: +44 01720 422368
Other hotels that we recommend
The Island Partnership has also compiled a list of available accommodation.
Download the list here
If you require help finding accommodation you can call +44 1720 424031 / +44 1720 424036.
The start and finish is on St Mary’s in Hugh town.