Here you´ll find everything you need to know as a racer at ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes. Please read this throughly as the information is important for your experience before and during the race.
Good luck and have fun!
Mats Skott +46 (0) 73 525 97 01
Michael Lemmel +46 (0) 73 525 97 02
|Wednesday, September 27th, 2017|
|23:59||Last day to make team changes (individual names and team names) These changes must be sent to email@example.com before midnight.|
|Saturday, September 30, 2017|
|09:00||Race briefing and registration ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Sprint 1000 Lakes in Rheinsberg|
|11:15||Start ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Sprint 1000 Lakes|
|14:00||Prize giving ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Sprint 1000 Lakes|
|14:00-17:00||Race bib distribution in Rheinsberg|
|17:00||MANDATORY Race briefing ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes for all racers in Rheinsberg|
|Sunday, October 1st, 2017|
|07:00||Buses leave for the start line. RACERS ONLY|
|08:30||Start ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes|
|10:10||Race cut-off at Time 3|
|13:15||First team close to finish line|
|14:00||Race cut-off at Time 7|
|16:00-20:00||Race banquet in Rheinsberg|
|16:30||Last team across the finish line|
|19:00||Prize giving in Rheinsberg|
ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes is in the beautiful Mecklenburger Seenplatte in Germany, an area of more than 3000 fresh water lakes just 70 km north of Berlin. The race HQ and finish line is in Rheinsberg, by the church.
We suggest you fly to Berlin Tegel airport, From the airport there are several options. Either by rental car or train. The train ride to Rheinsberg from Berlin takes about 1,5 hours. You can by tickets here
We will recommend you to book your accommodation in Rheinsberg. You need to book your accommodation as soon as possible if you want a room in Rheinsberg. Lots of rooms in the surrounding areas but as you know, we have the start in Wesenberg with a morning bus transport from the finish line in Rheinsberg. It is a busy period and rooms will run out.
Please send an email request for your hotel booking to firstname.lastname@example.org
Both team members must come to the registration of either the Sprint or the World Series event
You must bring:
- A photo ID
- Proof of insurance
- A signed and filled out copy of this health declaration
- 2 whistles and 1 first-aid pressure bandage per team
- Fins if applicable for approval according to the rules
As we take safety seriously we have spent a year developing the first ever swimrun insurance and we we are extremely proud! It is now available and with World-wide coverage.
You must have a valid Swimrun insurance for the race and for all our races.
If you do not have one you can purchase it here for one race or for the whole season, valid in all the races listed. It is a travel and accident insurance and it will also repay your entry fee if you have to withdraw prior to the race (if you have a doctors certificate).
The race briefing for the Sprint and for the World Series race will be in the event tent at the square by the church in Rheinsberg. By the finish line. Be on time. MANDATORY for both team members.
- Registration for ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes, world series event. Saturday, September 30th, 14:00 – 17:00. Please register as early as possible.
- Briefing for the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes world series event – Saturday, September 30th, at 17:00
- Briefing and registration for the ÖTILLÖ Sprint 1000 Lakes – Saturday, September 30th, at 09:00
Included in the start pack
- Swim cap x 2
- Race map
- Timing chip to be returned
- Race bib to be returned x 2
- Swim cap x 2
- Race bib x 2
- Race map
- ÖTILLÖ water bottle x 2
- Pre-race drink voucher
- Post-race dinner voucher x 2
- Timing chip to be returned
Race bib and timing chip
The system we use is a chip that you attach around your right ankle with a Velcro strap and when you pass the timing checkpoint your time will be registered. We will have up to 11 checkpoints along the course and will be reporting your times live on the website. We can only guarantee that you will be registered if you carry the chip around your right ankle. It is important that you return your chip after the race. Non-returned chip will be charged 100 €.
- Your race bib must be worn visible at all times
- Your swim cap must be worn on all swims
- Your timing chip must be worn on your right ankle at all times
Mandatory gear per team is:
- 1 pressure bandage (https://m.campz.de/swimmrunners-waterproof-first-aid-637234.html / https://m.addnature.com/swimmrunners-waterproof-first-aid-636808.html)
- 2 wet suits
- 1 compass or watch compass
- 2 easy-accessible whistles (so you can blow the whistle when on the swims)
- Race bibs to be worn on the outside at all times
- Swim cap must be worn visible during all the swims
- Timing chip
Logistic to get to start
The start for the Sprint is the same as the FINISH LINE at the Square by the church in Rheinsberg. Make sure you are on-time.
The Start of the World Series race is in the Burg in Wesenberg. We have an organised bus transport to take you there – ONLY FOR RACERS (see map) NOTE: The bus will not wait. Be on-time
- You have to be in the start box 10 minutes before the start
- Toilets are available by the start line
- You can leave a small bag by the start. At your own risk. Do not leave valuables.
- Sprint – By the Curch, Rheinsberg
- World Series – The burg in Wesenberg
The ÖTILLÖ Sprint 1000 lakes does not have any cut- offs
The ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes World Series has two (2) cut-offs. These are for your safety:
- TIME 3 at 10:10
- TIME 7 at 14:00
We have cut-offs in our events to make sure that we can have a safe race, these are put in place so that everyone has a possibility to finish before dark and without jeopordizing the safety of others by stretching the safety organization too much. Please respect this and the people enforcing them.
We will have energy and liquid stations along the course as marked in the course map.
- Please eat and drink what is offered, do not take more as there are others behind you
- Please re-use your cup instead of taking multiple cups
We will have water and electrolytes by Precision Hydration at all stations.
If you need GELS bring your own and carry them in your wetsuit. Do NOT throw the wrappers on the ground. Only in the garbage cans at the energy stations.
Basic rules, make sure you understand as we will enforce them.
- You must have read and understood the rules before you start
- You race at your own risk
- The team has to stay together at all times. 10 metres apart is the maximum distance allowed.
- The teams have to follow the marked route. If not you can get time penalty or disqualification.
- It is not allowed to have assistance from other people than the race organisation. Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- It is not allowed to throw trash along the course (The only places are at energy stations). Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- The gear that you have from the start has to be brought to the finish
- FINS – if you plan to use fins make sure that they comply to the new FIN RULE – which means they CANNOT be longer than 15 cm beyond your foot.
Do nots at ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes
- Do not train in the SPRINT COURSE during the SPRINT Race.
- Take care of each other; it is a long and tough course.
- We have safety boats and are trying to do our best to cover the course.
- All teams have to help another team in an emergency.
- We have 2 medics and 1 doctor on the course. We also have two stationary medical teams. We have medical assistence at the finish line.
- Communicate with race officials when help needed.
- If you abandon the race you must communicate with race officials as soon as possible and return the timing chip to the ÖTILLÖ tent by the Finish Line (from behind). Do not cross or go close to the finish line with it on.
Special note for the World Series event
- You cannot wear a tow rope before you get to the first swim.
We will NOT accept ANY trash along the course. If you throw any trash outside of the provided bins at the energy stations we will disqualify you straight away. Make sure you know how to carry any trash between the different energy stations.
In the end of September it is usually day time temperatures of around 15 degrees C.
Water temperatures will be between 13 – 16 degrees C. Make sure you dress accordingly and consider wearing something under your wetsuit if you tend to get cold on the long swims. Use a Neoprene cap if you are not used to cold water.
Like everywhere we can have wind, rain and un-seasonably cold weather. Make sure you bring clothes to handle this.
During each race we make a big media production for social media and traditional media. You will see photographers, reporters and film teams.
If you have any personal media contacts that would like to have material from us please email to email@example.com
During the race we will cover it LIVE on otilloswimrun.com/live please spread the information to all your friends and family.
We will also use #otillo1000lakes to tag our posts, please do so too.
Our images that we post from the race are free to use for you as racers but not allowed for commercial use to promote other products or events.
Spectators, friend and families
We welcome all spectators, friends and families to participate in our events.
The course is very easy to follow by bicycle. Make sure to ride safely as you are on open roads. See https://otilloswimrun.com/races/1000-lakes/spectators/ for good spots.
NOTE: you may not assist any teams unless if it is a medical emergency. Any other assistance will result in disqualification of the team.
ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 lakes will award 8 spots to ÖTILLÖ 2018, The Swimrun World Championship.
These spots will be awarded to the teams, where no member already has a spot to ÖTILLÖ 2018. If a team does not accept the spot it rolls down to the next team in line. The entry fee must be paid by January 15th to keep the spot.
The Spots will be awarded as below:
- 3 men
- 3 mixed
- 2 women
If any spots are not awarded they belong to the race organisation.
All teams that finish a race which has ÖTILLÖ merit status will receive ranking points. Check out the races, finish and get points.
New for 2017 is that there is also a ranking system for the ÖTILLÖ Sprint Series. Some of the slots to ÖTILLÖ 2018 will be offered to the teams with the best ranking points on December 31st each year.
Also, for ÖTILLÖ 2018 only teams with ranking points will be able to participate in the random team selection.
As you might know we have some ÖTILLÖ branded goods. These can be found on our website otilloswimrun.com/shop
Both Addnature/Campz and Vivobarefoot will be in the event area at the finish line with products on-site.