Race Directors report
This 3rd edition of ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes will go down in the history books.
It was the first race weekend where we introduced the EXPERIENCE distance and also our Solo ÖTILLÖ style in sprint and Experience. To top it all off we also had the honor of crowning our first GOLDEN BIB winners ever and handing out our 33000€ prize! Martin Flinta & Elena Erbanova Karaskova cleaned house.
The setting for The Weekend could not be better. Beautiful weather and a great atmosphere. All participants from 23 nations put in great performances and we had faster times than expected all the way around.
We have come so far in three years. The first year locals looked at us as a strange breed. This year we had audience all along the course with people cheering and giving lots of energy to all the racers.
The course is great. Almost a straight line South from Wesenberg to Rheinsberg. With easy, fast-paced soft trails and protected swims. It really fits our unique races in unique places attitude.
Huge congratulations to all the podiums, to all the eight teams who qualified for ÖTILLÖ 2019, to all newcomers and of course to the Golden Bib winners.
Results ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes 2018
- Fredrik Axegård & Alex Flores (SWE) Team SportOffice
- Knut Badshaug (SWE) & Carson Christen (USA) New Mohicans
- Nicolas Remires (FRA) & Luca Mazzurana (ITA) Team Envol
- Martin Flinta (SWE) & Helena Karaskova Erbenova (CZE), Team Thule Crew / Wolffwear Swimrun
- Claire Thibault (FRA) & Christophe Leray (FRA) Team ChrisClaire BSC
- Erik Molund (SWE) & Heli Molund (FIN) Team Nöd o Lust
- Helen Maalinn (EST) & Helena Sivertsson (SWE) Team Swimming/ Garmin
- Nina Ellmark (GER) & Lena Trillelv (SWE) – Team Head
- Anneli Wall (SWE) & Jenny Ramstedt (SWE) Team Envol/ Head Swimming
One more race weekend left this season. ÖTILLÖ Cannes in October 20/21. The 2018 ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series finals. Do not miss out on the opportunity for one last bang with the ÖTILLÖ community.
Thank you for your trust!
Michael, Mats and the ÖTILLÖ team.