Race Directors report
What a day, What a weekend, What a season and What a year!
Welcome to the twilight zone. The end of one season and the beginning of another. We Do not have any more races until ÖTILLÖ Hvar in early April at the same time as work starts tomorrow to make 2018 even better than 2017.
This year We have hosted 12 races and almost 1600 teams. Next year We hope to Do more of both. The sport of Swimrun is really getting underway around the World and the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series has really reached the next level in brand recognition. Our mission is to continue to produce the best Swimrun races around, to continue to find awesome locations and to continue to be at the forefront on how to create sustainable events where we care about humanity and the environment.
Thank you in believing in us!
The 2017 ÖTILLÖ 1000 lakes was a perfect conclusion of the season! Beautiful weather for the Sprint and a very competitive race for the World Series event! Close to 200 teams in total and more than 27 nations. Amazing! The overall winners from last year, Team Garmin managed to keep their legs together and win just 2,5 minutes in front of Team Envol. In mixed we had a French team on the top of the podium for the first time ever and in the women’s category team Icebug followed up their crushing win in yesterday’s Sprint with a massive win in the World Series event! Amazing performance.
Results ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes 2017
- Pontus Lindberg and George Bjälkemo (SWE), Team Garmin, 4.27.02
- Nicolas Remires and Guillaume Heneman (FRA), Team Envol, 4.29.42
- Sebastian Bleitgen and Frank Mertins (GER), SwimrunART Odw, 4.33.59
- Marylise Pansart and Franck Martin (FRA), Team Smart Athlete – Zone 3, 4.53.20
- Helen Maalinn (EST) and Pär Kristoffersson (SWE), Wolff Wear Swimrun, 4.53.52
- Rhian Martin (GBR) and Ben Martin (GBR), Team Drummond Clinic, 4.56.31
- Ulrika Eriksson and Helena Sivertsson (SWE), Team Icebug, 4.56.19
- Diane Sadik (SUI) and Annika Ericsson (SWE), Swimrunshop.com, 5.06.59
- Marika Wagner and Maja Tesch (SWE), Team Vivobarefoot, 5.25.48
We salute everyone of you who has participated in our sport and we thank you for bringing more and more people to the sport.
We want to thank all destination partners of the season. All our partners and sponsors and last but not least, our logistics team. who will handle all our gear.
Mats & Michael