ÖTILLÖ Swimrun weekend 1000 Lakes – Race Directors report
What a weekend! Tougher conditions than ever and yet so many dug deep and put in stellar performances!
The ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes Weekend was a huge success. 35 registered teams from 9 nations to the Sprint and 182 registered teams from 21 nations to the World Series event set the stage for a big family reunion.
In Saturdays sprint the first team across the line overall was a womens team, they wooped the men! In Sundays ÖTILLÖ 1000 Lakes World Series event we had a mixed team in second place overall ! So cool to watch this sport develop and to see gender equality at its best. Thank you!
This was a very special event for us, the end of one year and the beginning of the next. Also being our first event in Germany we wanted to put the foot down and show what ÖTILLÖ races are. We see that Swimrun will have a bright future in Germany.
It was beautiful, unique, in a special place and very hard! Probably one of the toughest to date due to the cold weather; not so much the water temp of 10 – 11 degrees, more the air temperature of 7 degrees. This had a very cooling effect on most teams when they got out of the water. The teams that had really listened to the advice of a minimum long- sleeves, with an insulating layer underneath and a neoprene cap/ bandana managed better.
Eventhough, we had more teams than ever at the start line at a first event (150 teams) and we had 101 teams finish (67%). Congratulations. Just to make it to the start makes you a winner!
We want to Thank all racers for their trust, we want to Congratulate all Winners of the race and the Qualified ÖTILLÖ teams, we want to Thank our sponsors and the local communities of Rheinsberg and Wesenberg.
Last but not least, a huge Thank you to our staff, all volunteers and the members of the press. Without you ÖTILLÖ anywhere Would not happen. Thank you!
We are already doing our homework for next year and look forward to being back in the area of 1000 Lakes.
Results ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes
- Pontus Lindberg and George Bjälkemo (SWE), Terrible Tuesdays Triathlon, 4:42:02
- Hamish Cropper and Alan Scott (GBR), Clapham Bruderwunderz, 4:51:08
- Knut Baadshaug and Sebastian Kreder (GER), The Visible Ninjas, 4:52:52
- Jasmina Glad-Schreven and Thomas Schreven (FIN), Say No to Doping!, 4:47:59
- Andrew Maclean and Helen Maalinn (EST), Wolff Wear SwimRun, 5:15:44
- Ben Martin and Rhian Martin (GBR), Team RMF, 5:21:53
- Diane Sadik and Fanny Danckwardt-Lillieström (SWE), Team Orca, 5:33:45
- Isobel Joiner and Rosemary Byde (GBR), Sportextremeswimrun.com, 5:55:48
- Josefine Fast and Maria Möller (SWE), Team Fastler, 7:17:00
Results ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Sprint 1000 Lakes
- Wolfgang Grohe (GER) and Vincent Gabalda (FRA), Team CAMPZ.com, 1:35:23
- Peter Jacob and Benjamin Wabner (GER), tri-mag.de, 1:45:39
- Leon von Zepelin and Niklas Geißler (GER), TriGeckos Dortmund, 1:46:06
- Ida Enstedt (SWE) and Hannes Hofer (ITA), North and South, 1:49:55
- Philipp Mayer (GER) and Marion Troenlen (FRA), Campz Mixed, 1:54:55
- Julia Petzka and Jens Gersonde (GER), 3xJ, 1:59:37
- Mathilde Hanuise and Claire Michel (BEL), Belgian Frite & waffle, 1:34:56
- Salomé Letoublon and Maneglia Marion (FRA), les Rookies, 1:59:14
- Katie Fraser and Kate Perryman (GBR), Brighton Pink Kats, 2:09:57
Over and out for 2016. Thank you for the fun and see you for a massive 2017! Next stop ÖTILLÖ Hvar on April 1 – 2 2017
Michael & Mats
Race Directors ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series