The qualifying system
Each World Series event will award 8 spots to ÖTILLÖ, The Swimrun World Championship. These spots will be awarded to the teams, where no member already has a spot. If a team does not accept the spot it rolls down to the next team in line. The entry fee must be paid by the due date to keep the spot.
The races which counts as qualifiers to ÖTILLÖ, The Swimrun World Championship are:
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Hvar, Croatia, April 8, 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Utö, Sweden, May 20, 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Isles of Scilly, UK, June 10, 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Engadin, Switzerland, July 8, 2018
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun 1000 Lakes, Germany, September 30, 2018 (Qualifier to ÖTILLÖ 2019)
- ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Cannes, France, October 21, 2018 (Qualifier to ÖTILLÖ 2019)
The spots from the qualifying races will be awarded as below:
- 3 men
- 3 mixed
- 2 women
If any spots are not awarded they belong to the race organisation.
World series 2018
Teams that finish top 30 in each category (Women/Men/Mixed) will collect points in the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series 2018. Your team can collect points from all ÖTILLÖ World Series events and the last ÖTILLÖ Sprint of 2018. No other ÖTILLÖ Sprints are included.
NOTE: To get points from the last ÖTILLÖ Sprint you will also have to finish the last ÖTILLÖ World Series race.
After the last ÖTILLÖ race of the year we will award the best team in each category with €2 500.