In News

November 9th, 2020

Divider Gradient

Dear Racers, friends and family!

With Covid-19 on the rise through Europe again we have had to make some tough decisions for the rest of the autumn.

Please read the updates below.


After our weekly meeting yesterday with the City of Cannes we can again reconfirm that the race weekend of October 17 & 18 is maintained. We will host the races.

Please read the Racer info here about the race specifics.

We sincerely look forward to seeing you there for what might be the last race of the year.


After discussions with the Town of Hvar and at the request of the Croatian national Covid-19 headquarters we have been asked to cancel the event. The town is more or less closed down and they fear that the second wave in Europe will block all travel. This has brought us to the conclusion of cancelling ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Hvar in 2020.

Anyone with an entry to the Hvar race weekend is free to move it to any of our other events before the end of November 2021. When you are ready to enter the event of your choice please email [email protected] for a 100% discount code in the same category. Please ask for your discount code before December 20th for it to be valid. Mark your email with ”Race category and team name”. The 2021 event calendar will be published in December.


At the moment we are keeping the Malta event on hold. We are seeing what the development is in the next two weeks but considering the development of Covid in Europe at the moment we see that we might have to postpone this event. Our goal is of course to keep the dates but it must also allow us and you to be able to travel and participate without too much hassle. We will communicate the status clearly before November 1st.


Our ambition is to always put on a race but we also cannot go through another 2020, not for you and not for us.

We have several very good plans in store, we have a new event location we want to introduce and we have some calendar changes with the event dates due to the Covid situation. Over the next couple of months these plans will be clearly communicated and dates will be set. However, we will not open registration to events until we know we can host them as the situation for everyone has not been ideal this year.

We sincerely hope that you have understanding for all of this and that we can see each other soon.

Until then we will at least put on a great race weekend in Cannes in one weeks time.

With respect,

Michael, Mats and the ÖTILLÖ team

Divider Gradient

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment