Here you´ll find everything you need to know as a racer at ÖTILLÖ The Swimrun World Championship. Please read this throughly as the information is important for your experience before and during the race.
Good luck and have fun!
Mats Skott +46 (0) 73 525 97 01
Michael Lemmel +46 (0) 73 525 97 02
|Wednesday, August 30th, 2017|
|12:00||Last day to make team changes (individual names and team names) These changes must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight.|
|Sunday, September 3rd, 2017|
|12:00||Ferries leave Stockholm City|
|14:30 – 16:45||Mandatory race registration. All stations must be completed before the race meeting.|
|17:00||Race meeting at UTKIKEN – the top floor of the hotel ”Seglarhotellet”|
|18:00 – 19:00||Dinner Teams 1–45, 60–75, 430–434, 340–346|
|19:30||Ferry for teams to Djurönäset – YOU MUST BE ON THIS FERRY – ONLY teams 60–75, 430–434, 340–346|
|19:00 – 20:00||Dinner Teams: all others|
|Monday, September 4th, 2017 – Race day|
|04:50||FERRY FROM DJURÖNÄSET TO START – Only teams 60–75, 430–434, 340–346|
|05:30||Bags on ferry|
|05:40||Ready at start line|
|18:30 – 23:00||Post race banquet at Utö Värdshus|
|Tuesday, September 5th, 2017|
|11:45||Arrival Stockholm City|
The ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship is between the island of Sandhamn and the island of Utö in the Stockholm archipelago. We suggest you fly to Stockholm.
On September 3rd you need to be on our chartered ferries that will take you to the island of Sandhamn in time for all the official protocol. Make sure you are on time and do not miss it as it will jeopordize your start.
The ferries are clearly marked with ÖTILLÖ and they leave from the quay in front of Grand Hotel in Stockholm City.
The departure time is at 12 NOON – the ferries will not wait and can be loaded from 11:30. The ferry is ONLY for racers and persons who have bought Spectator packages
There are two different chartered ferries to return with.
- One is on Monday evening at 21:00 from Utö, to a waiting bus at Årsta Brygga, which will take you to Stockholm City Terminal with an arrival time at about 23:30 on Monday night.
- The second is Tuesday morning at 08:30 from Utö with an arrival in Stockholm City at no later than 11:45
We suggest that you do not book your return flight for earlier than Tuesday late afternoon. If you have an earlier flight you should take the Monday night ferry.
Please email: email@example.com and tell us which ferry you will want to take so we make sure you have space
In your race fee the accommodation is included for Sandhamn and Utö (start and finish), two dinners and two breakfasts are also included.
Both team members must come to the registration
You must bring:
- A photo ID
- Proof of insurance
- A signed and filled out copy of this health declaration
- Fins if applicable for approval according to the rules
As we take safety seriously we have spent a year developing the first ever Swimrun insurance and we we are extremely proud! It is now available and with World-wide coverage.
You must have a valid Swimrun insurance for the race and for all our races.
If you do not have one you can purchase it here for one race or for the whole season, valid in all the races listed. It is a travel and accident insurance and it will also repay your entry fee if you have to withdraw prior to the race (if you have a doctors certificate).
The race briefing will be held on the top floor of the red hotel ”Seglarhotellet”. In the room UTKIKEN at 17:00.
ONLY Racers as space is very tight. Sit on the floor. Be on time.
Included in the start pack
- Swim cap x 2
- Race bib x 2
- Race map
- Timing chip to be returned
- Dinner vouchers
- ÖTILLÖ Give-away
Race bib and timing chip
The system we use is a chip that you attach around your right ankle with a Velcro strap and when you pass the timing checkpoint your time will be registered. We will have 10 checkpoints along the course and will be reporting your times live on the website.
We can only guarantee that you will be registered if you carry the chip around your right. It is important that you return your chip after the race. Non-returned chip will be charged 100 €.
- Your race bib must be worn visible at all times
- Your swim cap must be worn on all swims
- Your timing chip must be worn on your right ankle at all times
Mandatory gear per team is:
- 1 pressure bandage (https://m.campz.de/swimmrunners-waterproof-first-aid-637234.html / https://m.addnature.com/swimmrunners-waterproof-first-aid-636808.html)
- 2 wet suits
- 1 compass or watch compass
- 2 easy-accessible whistles
- Race bibs to be worn on the outside at all times
- Swim cap must be worn visible during all the swims
- Timing chip
You must leave your bag in the ferry before start. It will be transported to the finish line
Beach next to the Seglarhotell
The ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship course is hard. Make sure you study it well and manage your resources to finish. Study the updated times & distances document so you know the World-record speed and also what you must manage to not get caught in the CUT-OFFS.
The ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship has several cut-offs. These are for your safety and for the safety of the organisation. Please respect these and our staff if you get taken off. You will not finish before dark unless you manage the times.
We will have energy and liquid stations along the course as marked in the course map.
- Please eat and drink what is offered, do not take more as there are others behind you
- Please re-use your cup instead of taking multiple cups
- We do not have Gels and bars. Only real food. If you need gels then you need to bring your own
We will have water and electrolytes by Precision Hydration at all stations
This is what is offered at the different stations:
|Sandhamn, before start||Real dinner, real breakfast|
|Vånsholmen, Energy 1||Water, Precision Hydration sports drink|
|Red Bull Sprint Prize, Energy 2||Red Bull, Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, Bananas, Cinnamon Buns|
|Munkö, Energy 3||Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink Bananas, Home made bars, Dried fruit|
|Addnature Sprint Prize, Energy 4||Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, Sandwiches, Hot dogs, Bananas, Soup, Coffee|
|Mörtö, Energy 5||Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, Bananas, Candy, Cinnamon Buns, Home made bars, Dried fruit|
|Mörtö Bunsö, Energy 6||Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, Red Bull, Cola, Candy, Soup, Coffee, Home made bars|
|Kymmendö, Energy 7||Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, Bananas, Cinnamon Buns, Chocolate, Dried fruit|
|Ornö Church, Energy 8||Red Bull, Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, Home made bars, Home made gels, Bananas, Candy|
|Långbäling, Energy 9||Red Bull, Cola, Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, Soup, Coffee, Bananas, Cinnamon Buns, Home made gels|
|Utö Värdshus, Finish line||Water, Precision Hydration Sports Drink, ÖTILLÖ beer, Food, Hot Showers, Drinks, Massage, Party, Sleep, Love|
If you need GELS bring your own and carry them in your wetsuit. Do NOT throw the wrappers on the ground. Only in the garbage cans at the energy stations.
Basic rules, make sure you understand as we will enforce them.
- You must have read and understood the rules before you start
- You race at your own risk
- The team has to stay together at all times. 10 metres apart is the maximum distance allowed.
- The teams have to follow the marked route.
- It is not allowed to have assistance from other people than the race organisation. Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- It is not allowed to throw trash along the course (The only places are at energy stations). Breach of this rule will result in disqualification
- The gear that you have from the start has to be brought to the finish
- FINS – if you plan to use fins make sure that they comply to the new FIN RULE – which means they CANNOT be longer than 15 cm beyond your foot.
- Take care of each other; it is a long and tough course.
- We have safety boats and are trying to do our best to cover the course.
- All teams have to help another team in an emergency.
- We have 2 medics and 1 doctor on the course.
- Communicate with race officials when help needed.
- If you abandon the race you must communicate with race officials as soon as possible and return the timing chip at ”RED HUT” marked timing chip at the top of the hill before the event area.
- You cannot wear a tow rope for the first run
- We suggest that you do NOT use a tow rope when running on the rocks.
If the race organisation feels that there is a danger for the racers or the organisation based on weather or other conditions the course can be changed the day before or even in the middle of the race.
Safety is our priority.
We will NOT accept ANY trash along the course. If you throw any trash outside of the provided bins at the energy stations we will disqualify you straight away. Make sure you know how to carry any trash between the different energy stations.
In early September we hopefully will find late Swedish summer weather. But, it can be the start of autumn. Make sure you bring clothes to stay warm. It can be anything between 5 – 20 degrees C.
Water temperatures will be between 12- 14 degrees C depending on where along the course. Make sure you dress with a good wool layer underneath your wetsuit and use a Neoprene cap if you are not used to cold water.
Like everywhere we can have wind, rain and un-seasonably cold. Make sure you bring clothes to handle this.
Salt water. The water in the Baltic has very low salinity. Some teams will even race without swim goggles.
During each race we make a big media production for social media and traditional media. You will see photographers, reporters and film teams.
If you have any personal media contacts that would like to have material from us please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
During the race we will cover it LIVE on otilloswimrun.com/live please spread the information to all your friends and family.
We will also use #otillo to tag our posts, please do so too.
Our images that we post from the race are free to use for you as racers but not allowed for commercial use to promote other products or events.
Spectators, friend and families
We welcome all spectators, friends and families to participate in our events. Please book a Spectator package. There is no other way if you want to be part of the whole experience.
NOTE: you may not assist any teams unless if it is a medical emergency. Any other assistance will result in disqualification of the team.
All teams that finish the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship will get ranking points. Check out the races, finish and collect your points at www.swimrunranking.com
For ÖTILLÖ 2018 only teams with ranking points will be able to participate in the random team selection.
As you might know we have some ÖTILLÖ branded goods. These can be found on our website otilloswimrun.com/shop
Both Addnature/Campz and Vivobarefoot will be in the event area at the finish line with products on-site.