ÖTILLÖ Swimrun Isles of Scilly 2017 – Race report
“Footsteps and memories is all we want to leave behind”.
This weekends ÖTILLÖ Isles of Scilly certainly leaves us with fantastic memories. The first one that comes to mind is everyone intermingled as a collective soul outside the pub and sharing memories and a final sunset together. Locals, volunteers, media, sponsors, staff, racers, World Champion, winners and beginners. The image symbolizes the whole weekend.
The Isles of Scilly delivered! Glorious weather, flat seas and great racing.
The smiles, the emotions, the very deep digging in the cellar to give it your all, wow! Thank you for being true inspiration and pioneers of this sport. Deciding the path it will take in the future, warm, competitive and challenging or another way all together.
Everyone of you, seasoned racers or newcomers, in the World Series event and in the Sprint, take a moment, stand up tall and be proud of yourself and your team mate. Thank you!
As advocates of clean racing where we give a lot of trust and responsibility about many things, of which one is to not leave a trace but footsteps. It makes us proud to know that we can put on a race in a place like the Isles of Scilly and that there is No trash on the course.
Congratulations to the racers from the Isles of Scilly, see you in the future on some of our other courses.
- Stefano Prestinoni and Fredrik Axegård (SWE), Team Swimshop.se, 4:42:28
- Sebastian Bleitgen and Frank Mertins (GER), SwimrunART, 4:57:37
- Johan Carlsson and Joakim Brunzell (SWE), Team Nynäshamns Ångbryggeri, 4:59:44
- Diane Sadik (SUI) and Henrik Wahlberg (SWE), Team Swimrunshop.com, 4:55:55 (2nd overall)
- Michelle Nyström and Erik Fridolf (SWE), Team Garmin, 5:02:00
- Rhian Martin and Ben Martin (GBR), Team Drummond Clinic, 5:15:32
- Annika Ericsson and Elisabet Pärsdotter Westman (SWE), Lag PärEric 5:28:58
- Charlotte Årling and Amanda Liljestrand (SWE), Team Arvika, 5:41:05
- Naomi Shinkins (IRL) and Melissa Dowell (GBR) Team ROYAL BAY Compression, 5:56:37
8 more teams now qualified for the 2017 ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championship, train very hard! It is no picnic.
Congratulations to all podiums. In the World Series event – one mixed team on the overall podium (2nd) and in the Sprint – two mixed teams on the overall podium (1st & 2nd). Thank you!
We cannot wait to come back to our ÖTILLÖ family on the Isles of Scilly in 2018. Date: June 9 & 10 2018
See you all in three weeks for the awesome ÖTILLÖ Engadin!
Michael & Mats
ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Series